Somehow, I am in SHOCK that it is already mid-July. 2019 has been incredibly busy, and I set some semi-ambitious goals for myself for the year, so I wanted to take some time to check in this week.
If you read my previous post, you’ll know my goals for the year were: more exploration, more confidence, and more stability. Let’s see how I’ve done so far…
My plan was to visit at least one museum per month, go camping once or twice, and maybe take another long-distance road trip.
My roommates and I failed at keeping up with the museums, BUT I have still maintained momentum with visiting somewhere new in California every month:
- January – I previously shared that I visited the California Science Museum.
- February – One of my best friends came to visit me, and we went to the Getty Villa, Salvation Mountain, and Salton Sea!
- March – We went to Diamond Valley Lake to see the superbloom of wildflowers.
- April – My first visit to the local Renaissance Faire was magical!
- May – My mom, sister and I took the Warner Brothers Studio Tour and got to visit the exclusive Magic Castle in Hollywood.
- June – Under the wire, I visited the Hollywood Bowl for the first time to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with a live orchestra.
I am still working on my confidence every day, and I feel like I’ve definitely improved since January. Only time will tell!
My most important goal this year was to get myself out of credit card debt and establish some financial stability. I am happy to report that thanks to some side hustles and restrictions on my spending, I am free of that credit card debt and now on my way to building up my savings!
Hitting these milestones won’t stop me from keeping focused on these goals. I plan to keep pushing myself in all three areas for the rest of the year. I’m looking forward to seeing what comes next. Stay tuned!
What steps are you taking to achieve your goals?