It’s been a long time since I wrote a blog post, probably because this has been one of the busiest summers of my life.
I moved to Orlando at the very beginning of May. At that time, I transferred from being a campus representative of the Disney College Program to being seasonal in my old area, Tomorrowland. Since then, I spend all of my mornings writing for Come Recommended and most of my evenings back at Space Mountain.
When I’m not working, I spend very little time at home. All of my free time is devoted to frolicking around the Disney and Universal theme parks. Some highlights from this summer include:
- Spending nearly 24 hours in the parks in celebration of Disney’s Monsterous Summer.
- Seeing Gavin DeGraw during Universal’s summer concert series.
- Experiencing the Fourth of July fireworks at Magic Kingdom and Epcot (I was stuck inside the mountain for those last year).
- Celebrating the holiday at a big event in Orlando called “Red, Hot and Boom,” (with amazing fireworks and the Jonas Brothers).
- Being one of the first people to experience the new Transformers 3D ride at Universal.
- Watching Wishes from the Contemporary Resort.
- Living with my best friend.
- Meeting tons of new people in Tomorrowland.
I’ve got another month left in Florida before I have to return to Pennsylvania for my final semester of college. Until then, I hope you’re having an amazing summer like I am!