This article was originally published on ComeRecommended.com.
In the world of content marketing, there are a lot of different routes you can take. Marketers are all trying to out-do each other by being more creative and coming up with new ways to share information. The best way to use content to gain new leads is to create a combination of different types of content. From blog posts to infographics to videos, there are unlimited possibilities.
Here are eight types of content marketing you can create for your business:
1. Blog posts. Creating a blog for your company is one of the easiest ways to get started in content creation. Blogs provide you with a way to completely control messages. You should write posts with your current and potential clients or customers in mind. By sharing useful information on your company blog, your customers will see you as an authority. Some good starting points for blog topics include: top 10 lists, how-to instructions, and shocking statistics.
2. Guest posts. The next step in content marketing is to contribute to other blogs. Guest posts are extremely important for attracting more interest in your brand. When new readers find the information you share on other publications, they will also begin to see you as an authority and, in turn, trust your company. Guest posts are how you expand your readership and find new leads.
3. Infographics. One of the most attention-grabbing types of content marketing is the infographic. The best infographics take interesting statistics and facts and organize them in a visually-appealing way. Infographics work well because they interpret the facts, making them easier to understand. They also do really well when you share them on social media sites like Pinterest.
4. Images. There are lots of different images you can use in your content marketing. Not only can you create infographics, but also you can create animated gifs, memes, cartoons, and more. Images are great because they grab people’s attention and are memorable.
5. Videos. It may seem like it takes a lot of effort to produce a video, but a simple video can work just as well. In fact, now that instant video platforms like Vine and Instagram are gaining popularity, a short and sweet video works perfectly for attracting attention. Video concepts that work well include: how-tos, interviews, demonstrations, and anything else you can thing of. Be creative.
6. Original research. Something that attracts a lot of attention is original research. Whether it’s a survey or a full study, people love to read about new trends and statistics. You can conduct your own research and get other publishers to share your findings, or you can share how recent studies affect your niche market to attract readers to your own site. Either way, people love to read about it.
7. Case studies. Similar to original research, people also love to read case studies. They are great because they provide specific facts and demonstrate success. They are often the thing that seals the deal for new clients because they show how your service can benefit them.
8. eBooks. If you think you’ve developed a large enough audience and established yourself as a thought leader, it might be time to write your own eBook. You can pull from all of the content you’ve already written and create a comprehensive eBook, taking your authority on the subject to the next level.
There are many other types of content as well. You are not limited to any list. It’s up to you to get creative.
What are some other types of content marketing you can create? What works, and what doesn’t?